I had a family obligation today, and I missed the first half entirely and listened to the radio broadcast of the second half. This sounds like it was a good win, not just a fluky one, but of course given the circumstances I don't have a real good idea what went on.
I've been wondering about the questions below. I'll have my own opinions after going through the TiVo, but that's not til tomorrow night and, dammit, I want to know what happened. Let me know your take on these, or anything else you think I should know about the game.
- I know the Redskins didn't allow a sack in the first half. Did the gameplan allow for Campbell to get the ball out quickly, or did the line play much better than we're used to?
- Speaking of which - I gather Levi Jones looked pretty solid. Were they giving him a lot of help? Does he look like a keeper?
- How lucky are we to have faced Chris Simms for most of the second half? Was he giving the game away or was it quality play from our defense? Or both?
- Am I reading Redskins Insider correctly that after giving up the big touchdown Carlos Rogers was removed from the game completely? I can see benching him, but it seems hard to keep him off the field even in nickel and dimes situations...
- In general, do you feel like this can be a source of optimism moving forward or was this probably a one-off performance?
Let me know your thoughts.
And for those of you as impatient as I am, Curly R already has a game recap up.