First of all, a confluence of working late and back-to-back highly entertaining Metrodome-based sporting events means I won't be able to do the first half review until Wednesday night. Sorry to keep you waiting.
Meanwhile, here's some links for you while I stall for time:
- The Redskins have brought in Sherm Lewis as an "offensive consultant." It's possible this was done with Jim Zorn's blessing, but it sure looks like a move directed from the top. Based on Dan Snyder's history with "consultants," Rich Tandler makes a persuasive case that this could be the death knell for Zorn.
- Post Game Heroes has five quick takeaways from the Bucs game.
- Get Curly R's very in-depth game review here.
- Hog Heaven evaluates the Redskins after one quarter of the 2009 season.
- Some of Cooley's hockey player friends conduct post-game interviews. I am reasonably certain that Nicklas Backstom is 12 years old. Maybe Cooley can teach him how to shave.